Finance Director (part-time)
Location: Launceston, cornwall
Salary: £80,000 to £100,000 (pro rata) + Benefits
Call: 0117 321 0588
The organisation is an FCA regulated financial services business headquartered in Cornwall and operating nationwide. It is a market leader in fintech and Peer-to-Peer lending and has an excellent reputation for customer service. Recent growth has been driven by innovations - including being one of the first P2P lenders to offer an innovative financial ISA.
We are seeking to recruit a commercially minded Finance Director on a part-time basis. They are expected to assist with the long-term financial strategy of this fast-growing business while assisting with the current optimisation of profitability. This role will play a crucial part in driving the business forward alongside the Company’s future aspirations.
- Demonstrated board level experience, ideally with at least 5 years in a financial services company.
- Experience in preparing and presenting strategic financial papers and business cases to Boards
- Experience dealing in a regulated environment and a strong understanding of regulatory capital requirements
- Long-range Planning, Annual Budgeting, Quarterly Forecasting, Monthly Reporting and Analysis
- Improving efficiency and protecting/maintaining margin
- Ad-hoc financial modelling, including DCF and LBO
- Ability to develop, coach and motivate other members of the team
- Proactive and incisive, highly professional with strong gravitas and presence
- Ability to flourish as part of an entrepreneurial team
- Qualified accountant with more than 10 years PQE
- Transactional experience (M&A / IPO / etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally based in Cornwall or Devon.
This is a unique opportunity to join a market leader with strong organic growth. The organisation is a genuine success story, which in turn makes this one of the best vacancies in the UK. Being based in Cornwall also means that this role strikes an outstanding work/life balance.
As the company continues on its strong growth path, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual to have a real impact.