Compliance & AML Officer
Location: Launceston, cornwall
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 + Benefits
Call: 0117 321 0588
This rapidly growing Cornwall-headquartered financial services business is seeking to hire a Compliance and AML Officer into its growing Compliance team. This is a new role and an excellent opportunity for someone whose attention to detail will enable them to thrive in a rapidly growing and exciting business.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance, your key accountabilities will be as follows:
- Support the Head of Compliance in providing an effective independent Compliance Function and developing a strong compliance culture within the business.
- Assist in the delivery of the compliance plan and compliance monitoring programme.
- Monitoring - undertake compliance monitoring to assess compliance with and adequacy of the policies, procedures and processes in place within the business. Analyse and compile findings into monitoring reports to discuss with the Head of Compliance for further action as necessary.
- Regulatory Risk - assist with the identification, monitoring and mitigation of regulatory risk.
- Support to Business - assist the Head of Compliance in supporting the business on all regulatory and compliance matters including working with operational areas to develop and maintain policies and procedures designed to minimise the risk of legal and regulatory breaches.
- Regulatory Reporting - assist with the submission of all required FCA regulatory returns within the specified timelines.
- Reporting - assist in preparing appropriate reports for the Board in relation to regulatory developments, serious or persistent compliance problems, compliance monitoring and the strength of the firm’s compliance arrangements.
- Record-keeping - Ensure that all records under the responsibility of the Compliance Function are kept and maintained in accordance with regulatory, legal and business requirements.
- Support the Head of Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer in actively managing the process for the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of the risks in relation to financial crime and investigating all suspicious activity.
- Review and approval of new and existing client accounts for AML etc.
- Help ensure the firm’s AML controls meet or exceed regulatory standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Experience in a financial services role e.g. bank, mortgages, broker
- Experience in a compliance / AML role desirable
- Some knowledge of FCA regulations e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Treating Customers Fairly, COBS, Financial Promotions
- Attention to detail,
- Self-starter, able to manage own time
- Ability to apply judgement
- Willingness to learn and consolidate knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Take responsibility to see things through
- Polite and respectful yet tenacious
- Confidence in interacting with other departments
- Keenness to "do the right thing" and ensure customer protection