Assistant Director - Transaction Services
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Call: 0117 321 0588
If you are Bristol-based or looking to move to Bristol from London, this is the perfect opportunity for someone with Corporate Finance or Transaction Services experience.
You will be joining a top-tier and highly established organisation that is launching a new Transaction Services Division based out of Bristol. This is a new team build and this role will be on a fast-track to Director and beyond. It is a unique opportunity for the region that will suit an ambitious individual looking to progress his/her career whilst maintaining work/life balance in a wonderful location.
The division was set up in the past month and is populated with one Director and an Executive so far. The business is flowing on, so you will need to hit the ground running.
Deal Advisory - Transaction Services is the chosen business partner for many of the world's leading organizations. The Transaction Services practice work with corporates, MNCs and private equity clients to provide buy-side merger, acquisition, and sell-side divestiture support, focusing on stakeholder value by identifying key risks and benefits early in the transaction life cycle. This support includes pre-bid assessments, transaction evaluation (e.g. financial, commercial and operational due diligences and synergies assessments), transaction advisory services and post deal assistance.
The successful candidate will be:
- leading and participating in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial due diligence, divestiture support and post deal assistance to major corporate, MNC and private equity clients
- interfacing with senior executives of clients and target companies
- managing and coordinating engagement teams, client needs and other third party diligence/service providers throughout the transaction process
- analyzing target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks which may impact valuation, deal negotiation and execution
- preparing high quality and tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, achievability of management’s budget, indebtedness considerations, borrowing base calculations, and/or business combinations and carve-out financial statements
- participating in business development activities such as proposals, client identification, pitch packs and tenders
- participating in people development efforts
- providing strong leadership and direction to staff, including mentoring and coaching
- responsible for financial metrics on an engagement
The ideal candidate should:
- hold a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited university with a strong academic background. Licensed CPA or CA would be advantageous
- possess a minimum of 8 years accounting/audit or finance experience and strong leadership quality in leading public accounting firm or major commercial firms.
- possess Transaction experience in executing financial or commercial due diligence or any other M&A advisory services
- have extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- have advanced financial analysis, business acumen and problem solving skills
- have ability to execute project plans, manage multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and manage individual/team budgets
- have strong communication skills (verbal and written) and sound reporting skills in English
- have strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Personality traits leading to a good fit into the team include independence, innovation and resourceful thinking with strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation and writing skills. A naturally inquisitive mind with an ability to think "outside the box" is preferred. Teamwork, strong project management skills are also a necessity.