Senior Designer & Photographer
Salary: £30 - £35/hr full time 6 - 12 month contract
Call: 0117 321 0588
We are looking for someone who is a Photographer and a Senior Designer - you will be behind the camera for 20% of this role.
This is a globally-renowned and privately-owned US banking institution. It is considered best in class and its reputation for low staff turnover and fulfilling career is (genuinely) second to none.
The institution is currently recruiting for a Senior Designer (SD).
The Senior Designer is a critical part of a dynamic global Creative Services (CS) team responsible for end to end creative campaigns that support a variety of business/growth objectives. He/she is a creative thinker and design expert, as well as a steward of the corporate brand - working to bring all projects and deliverables to an increasingly higher brand standard.
The SD is responsible for design and production of a wide variety of print and digital marketing materials. This will include working with business managers to identify specific communication needs and strategies, consulting on appropriate and effective deliverables, and maintaining a high-level of customer service and professionalism. He/she is comfortable strategizing and executing on large, complex, and sometimes multi-media projects, managing all aspects of each including support from other CS designers and external resources.
The London-based Senior Designer will lead and manage European-based image requests, photography and video sessions. He/she will consult with internal clients, liaise with US CS whenever necessary, and facilitate meetings and sessions dictated by project requirements. The SD will communicate the CS vision of corporate photography to clients and senior leaders, and work every day to raise the level of photo and video work which has been established over the past few years.
As the only local designer in London, the SD is comfortable working independently on a day-to-day basis, but also expects to collaborate closely with US-based team designers, photographers and video manager on a variety of global projects and initiatives.
The SD reports directly to the Creative Director, with local dotted-line reporting to a London Marketing Manager.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Design of print or digital materials
- Lead design strategy for complex projects and initiatives
- Design print materials for distribution to clients and employees; including but not limited to: signature publications, firm and business line advertisements, event invites, high-end sales collateral, multi-chapter books/brochures, and environmental design requests
- Design tailored digital and interactive sales/other materials for web, email, and social media use
- Create infographics designed to distil large amounts of information into easily digestible visual
- Design digital materials for web, email, and social media use
- Maintain visual consistency across business lines through adherence to/interpretation of the style guide and branding
- Contribute to the on-going development and evolution of the brand
- Assist with high-end PPT presentations and graphics
- Build meaningful relationships with UK vendors; printers, illustrators, sign/graphic vendors, etc.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director or Video Manager, conduct European photo and/or video sessions. When necessary, manage outsourced professional photography and/or video projects
- Partner with client to evaluate project scope and expectations and provide appropriate level of photography/video
- May be asked to provide post-production work for still photography utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and will provide video clips to US Video Manager for post-production work
- Provide post-production work for video utilizing Adobe Premier
- Maintain visual tone and style consistent with brand standards
3. Communication & Collaboration
- Be the "face" of CS in London’s Marketing Center of Excellence and the design and visual communication subject matter expert
- Educate clients on the "bigpicture" behind the development and use of the Brand Guidelines
- Attend standing weekly meetings with Creative Services and London-based marketing team
- Work closely with CS and marketing staff members, as well as clients, business leaders, and outside consultants/vendors, developing and maintaining positive long-term relationships
4. Project management & CS Processes
- Manage project workload by meeting all deadlines and following CS protocol
- Adhere to all CS processes, maintaining records for each project and hourly tracking within InMotion project management software
- Escalate issues to CS management and/or London marketing manager when necessary
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BFA or BA with formal design training
- 5 to 7 years print & electronic design and project management experience, financial industry experience preferred, and a full understanding of appropriate customer relations
- Working experience with photography and videography. Must show portfolio of work
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Work experience in a corporate environment, a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat required
- Strong InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator ability
- Multimedia experience a plus
- Comfortable with Nikon still and Canon video equipment
- Adobe Premier experience a plus
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform the technical responsibilities of the job with a high-level of competence
- Ability to perform long-range tasks while experiencing short-term interruptions
- Ability to work in a marketing team environment
- Willing to take direction from clients and Creative Services CD
- Must enjoy a consistently fast-paced and challenging work atmosphere
- Ability to work creatively on a team or independently
- Ability to direct support resources and vendors
- High-level of critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High-level of organizational and interpersonal skills