Relationship Development Manager
Location: Launceston, Cornwall
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Call: 0117 321 0588
If you are an ambitious individual with experience of business to business sales in a face to face and telephone-based environment, we are looking for you to join this rapidly growing 4-year-old financial services business.
Operating within the fintech industry, the last 4 years have seen this company rapidly grow from its Cornwall headquarters to operate nationally and gather much national press coverage.
The Relationship Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing the organisation's national network of introducers - professional services organisations that refer business worth 10s of millions of pounds on a yearly basis. This is a chance for you to develop your financial services sales skills in an exciting new industry.
Your key accountabilities will be as follows:
New Business Development:
- Identify potential introducers and businesses.
- Research organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potential markets
- Set up meetings with clients and present propositions. Personally, follow up on meetings or utilise the business development resource at Head Office to develop relationships.
- Proactively develop relationships in order to build a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships and Strategy and the marketing team to develop business with Professional Partners (solicitors, accountants, valuers and brokers) who have either been appointed or have expressed an interest. Requirement to network and to gain referrals onto borrower & lender clients plus the firm’s wider professional network.
- Follow up on contacts of professionals generated by other senior members of staff.
- Keep up to date with the propositions and developments within the organisation to ensure all business opportunities are maximised eg marketing/branch development/technical.
- Develop a sound knowledge and be able to take a client through the onboarding process
Business Development Planning:
- Attend professional meetings and commercial functions such as business networking groups and conferences to represent the organisation and build knowledge on market trends.
- Using the knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the unique selling points of the organisation.
- Keep up to date with changes in the market.
- Present new propositions and services to existing professionals to grow business opportunities.
- Write correspondence and product updates for professional partners.
- To assist clients in progressing lender/borrower applications.
- Ensure all client contact relating to borrowing and lending is captured accurately within the appropriate business system eg CRM and the contact database.
- Ensure that FCA compliance and other financial regulations are adhered to.
- Make sure that any sensitive data is collected and recorded according to GDPR.
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of Business Development Management role within the financial sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to build and retain strong customer relationships.
- In-depth understanding of business model/ethos
- Strong Commercial/financial awareness