Business Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + equity
Call: 0117 321 0587
An outstanding opportunity to work for one of the UK’s largest Peer2Peer business lenders, introducing businesses (primarily commercial real estate) looking for interest only finance, with property to secure against it, to investors looking for a good return. We are innovative, fast-growing and have aspirations to be in every local community across the UK.
Founded in February 2013 we have seen phenomenal success since then and have exciting growth plans. We currently have 5 offices in the South West, Cheltenham, and Manchester, with more to be opened in Cumbria, Dorset and Harrogate shortly. The introduction from these offices and introductions from the legal, accountancy and other professionals has contributed to the success of the Company’s zero default business.
This is an opportunity to become the regional Business Development Manager for the Cornwall region. You will be responsible for putting together a referring panel of introducers (lawyers, accountants, commercial banks) and grow the region to a point where you open your own branch within the next few months (the role will initially be field based). The company offers both cash bonus and share options to provide short and long-term incentives for its staff.
This is a chance to join a company that is set to double in size for the next 4 years. You have the opportunity to move towards rapid career progression in a truly positive environment surrounded by talented, honest and professional people. They do business the right way, by building solid lasting relationships. They add value to their customers and have a very loyal client base.
Skills and Experience:
- The individual will be a seasoned financial sales professional, who has worked within savings and loans, HNW private client markets or in other financial service field. This role is a sales role and it is vital to have a good track record of delivering sales, with the ability to break new ground and think strategically.
- A current network of contacts and introducers seeking finance or investment.
- The ability and drive to work alone and build something bigger.
- A dynamic, impressive individual capable of self-motivated, innovative development
- Capable of being 'hands-on’ and dealing with client interface to win new markets and new opportunities
- To be as much at ease with a local professional as with a national fund manager
- To be able to conduct presentations to promote and be the 'face’ of the organisation in delivery of its messages
- To collaborate with marketing team members to ensure co-ordination of the sales and marketing efforts
- To aspire to hitting financial targets necessary to maintain the traction and momentum of the business.
- To bring the best of skill sets from city institutions, whilst demonstrating flexibility and understanding of local community lending
- To understand and share the passions and key drivers behind our model.
- Located within Cornwall and reporting into the Head of Business Development & Sales this role entails travel throughout your region as the job requires.
- The role will be an office-based sales role located in the organisation's HQ.
Qualifications and Education:
- Ideally you would have obtained a Degree or Advanced Degree. Years of experience and passion are essential
- An existing book of introducing contacts within commercial credit and/or investments or insurance will help you hit the ground running.